fzr 1000 knocking

woode1975
This post is 6776 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hellp please I have a FZR 1000 exup 1989 23k miles that has developed a rotational knocking noise which becomes apparent only under accelleration The knock becomes quicker and slightley louder with the engine speed as aposed to the road wheel speed and sounds to be cumming from the gearbox The knock can allso be felt through the bike Would anyone have any idears or suggestions Thanx for your time and input

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Does it do it from stationary?

not when ticking over as soon as the drive is under pressure most noticable 2000 rpm upwards till wind noise gets the beter of you as soon as you shut of the throttle the knock will go untill you re-applie thank you hope this hellps

doesnt sound good m8 :o could offer up a posibility of a number of things and all could be way out :( and be clutching at straws..one of the "more" mechanical chappies will be along soon to answer it tho B)

doesnt sound good m8 :o could offer up a posibility of a number of things and all could be way out :( and be clutching at straws..one of the "more" mechanical chappies will be along soon to answer it tho B)

thank you for your time and input :)

• Admin

To be honest not 100% sure, if it was doing it when ticking over it would narrow it down a bit, and without clutching at straws hard to say without actually hearing it :mellow:

Where abouts are you based mate,if any one

local to you could pop in to have a look!!

Its one of those that need to be looking

and hearing to have a good go at helping

you!!

Where abouts are you based mate,if any one

local to you could pop in to have a look!!

Its one of those that need to be looking

and hearing to have a good go at helping

you!!

just outside Alfreton in derbyshire thanks m8 I am resonably sure it is gearbox related but do not want to strip everything down to find it was something silly :)

spounds like a cracked cluch basket check it before it explodes and shags everythin :(

I took the clutch apart last night before work and will check it later when I get up thanks m8

My clutch basket died in my CR250 and it cost £300 !!! :angry:

:( Ouch hard luck m8 hope all is well now. Thanks for the input

• 2 weeks later...

Hi m8 the problem is a faulty gearbox .I am just debatingg wether to strip and rebuild or to source another engine

I should think the cost of either is probably the same.

Depends on whether you want to keep any residual value with matching engine and frame numbers.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online