1965 YDS3

Fast Eddie
This post is 4073 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have had the good fortune to purchase a 1965 YDS3 250 twin cylinder two stroke. This was Yamaha's first model with Autolube injection and not requiring premix fuel. The engine was rebuilt at approximately 9000 miles ago so is mechanically sound and runs but the paint is like a patch work quilt. It is complete but in need of restoration which is where I enter and cannot wait. My question relates to the colour, I wish to paint this bike the original blue and white colour design and am asking if any body out here can tell me what the original blue and white used by Yamaha was. I will appreciate any assistance with this question.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Mervin, I have tried to send an email to Al Cowan and after looking at his web site to me he seems the best bet. The address is a line from this web site but it keeps on bouncing back. The address I have from his site is "[email protected]"" and does not work. Can you share any light on thuds for me?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online