Redex

Grouch
This post is 4164 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've just bought some Redex after being advised to, my tank only has a ten litre capacity and it says you have to put half a bottle to fifty litres! Will it matter if I put a little bit too much in because I can't get an exact measurement to put in.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

No it won't matter but may I ask why you want to put it in is it running rough? If your just putin it in to keep the carb clean put 1/10th of the bottle in but even then not realy nessary as most new fuels have cleaners added .It's only when the fuel is alowed to evaporate the gum and varnish starts to build up,

It will smoke a little but I dont think it will do any damage. Back in the day I used to pour some directly down the plughole on my Triumph Bonneville and run it a bit before I lifted the head off (the seals for the pushrod tubes would fail about once a year). The piston crowns would be well clean so I assume the redex done its job

Smoooooking.

Be careful with it as it will take all the deposits off the cylinder. Some would say dont use it, I would too but I love the smell and white smoke.

grouch you dont need to be exact with the measurements

i pour it straight into the carbs now and again with the engine running on tick over

gives of a whole lot of crap from the exhausts but thats it doing its job

just add a little four or 5 caps full when you fill up for a couple of fill ups

that way any crap in the system clears without any residual damage