xt350 runs like crap

thumbs
This post is 4130 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

yeah and while it's off again, look out for any muck or filter material bunging up anything at the inlet side of the carb

+1 the carb must still have some crapin it,as airhead said make sure every passage,is clear.Pulling the air mixtuer screw and cleaning is a good idea ,just mark it and count the turns out so you can put it back right,

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks guys. Your right. It runs like a raped ape now...

I took it apart again and put the guitar string though the jets. i saw nothing in either one. I took a bit of time and just poked the holes real well. Re shot everything with the carb cleaner and put it back together. Fired her up and she ran like crap. I rode about a mile and just sat there for a bit and let it get hot. Still missing and sputtering. RPM all over the place even at idle. Just as bad as when I started. Got back to the campsite and my wife came out to see how I made out. Terrible I told her. Just then the rpm's started to settle. I adjusted the idle to about 1500 and let it idle for a bit. Not a miss, hiccup or stumble nothin. I took er back out on the road and she ran like a new bike. Idle at 1500 smooth as a thumper can do. Accelerates from idle strong through all six gears. Downshifts back to first without a complaint and will sit and idle just fine. I think I must have loosened some crap in there and sucked what every was out.

You guys hit the nail on the head. Even though I "cleaned it" there was still stuff in there somewhere. The guitar strings are great for the orphis's (sp maybe). I had to buy a cheap set for 7 bucks. The E string is the one to use.

Thanks again guys for hangin in there with me on this one. It payed off.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online