reg docs?

armfaw
This post is 4276 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

we brought a garage clearace got these 2 frames and 2 engines, 1 is a rd250 1 is a rd400 , no number plates, how do we go about registering them? as we are rebuilding them.. do the engine and frame numbers have to match? as we already have one bike registered and they dont match...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Paul Dawkins is the guy you need, I'll let him know armfaw

great thankyou :)

Paul is on holiday til the 3rd of January, he will get you dating certificate then you need to build em up and get em inspected by DVLA and they will issue a age related plate , no need to worry about matching numbers that makes em worth a bit more ( to Anoraks) but not esential

The fame and engine numbers do not need to match but it is best that the engine is the same year as the frame. The more parts from different bikes or years increases the chance of a "Q" plate.

The bike needs to be MOT'ed. This can be done on the frame number when the bike is rebuilt. You then need to fill in the DVLA forms and give them some cash to get bike registered and a plate issued.

There are pitfalls. If the frame was imported then you might need to prove that any import duty was paid at the time of import. You also need to make sure the frames are not stolen or marked as "written off".

You could also try emailing Yamaha customer services to get the age of the bikes at [email protected].

They provided me with the correct age details for my bike which differed from the age relating certificate that the VMCC provided. I'm still yet to take it up with the DVLA to see if I can get a correct age related plate.

Call them on 01932 358000. Tell them what you are after and they will tell you some details over the phone. They charge for a written copy that you can use to date or apply for a V5.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online