Someone to refresh/rebuild my engine around South/South-East?

Red Rocky
This post is 4283 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi..

Just bought a TDR250 and looking for someone to re-build the engine......its only done 8,000 miles, but been standing for 17 years in a dry garage...

So, I want the crank-seals and the other seals renewed, and possibly needs pistons, or just rings....don't know! Don't want it tuned, just standard.......

Also, I want to paint the head/barrels/crankcases.........

Looking for someone who maybe works from home who is a 2 stroke nut, or ex-racer etc. Stan Stephens looks very expensive....

I'm nearish to Gatwick, but willing to travel......

Any ideas? ( pm me if you wish?)

thanks, Richard

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Richard, Welcome to the YOC, Might be an idea to say "Hi" first (in new members section) before asking for help, we don't know you and you certainly don't know us!! Good luck with your engine, someone on here will have an idea who is best to help you out. :jossun:

No Problem Richard just nice to know who you are is all :jossun:

hi and welcome bud

I used Rolling Art Motorcycles for my XJ Turbo carbs, frame and forks, run by the very pleasant chaps Glen and Gary, may be worth sending them an email, they are based over near swindon so probably quite a trek from gatwick

I think I know of you Mervin!!!!!!!!! :spin2: ...great taste in your rides etc...!!!

Martin isn't too keen on the cosmetic side of the work....shame.

got me there mate

Martin Who?

You are short on options.... That motor needs to be done right. Your biggestvproblem is doibg it yourself will cost you over 4 in parts.

The TDR forum is the place to ask. There are a few lads on there may take it on but TDR engine rebuilds are not cheap.

You are short on options.... That motor needs to be done right. Your biggestvproblem is doibg it yourself will cost you over 4 in parts.

The TDR forum is the place to ask. There are a few lads on there may take it on but TDR engine rebuilds are not cheap.

no engine build ischeap anymore, my XS is £40 on just gasket kit alone.

last build was £200 and that was just to replace an NOS crankcase I got for £1.50!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online