Can any one help with small oil issue ?

StephenD
This post is 4302 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi is there any chance you could help me out with the oil ive bought? I have the haynes manual and for my bike 125 YZF
oil type API grade SG or higher
Oil viscosity 10W30 or 10W40
The oil i have is castrol Power 1 racing
4T 10W40 Fully synthetic
Not sure were i find on the bottle the oil type...
Will this be suitable do you no ? and will i have to empty any oil i have inside already or cant it be mixed, since im not 100% of what was put in last..
Thank you

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

cheers it is suitable too the bike then an i can just fill ontop of whats in ? i need to top up not sure if its fully empty.

i had a crippling issue a few months ago were i went into the red on the rev's and it just came too a stop and wouldn't start, an there was no oil in the bike..

cost nearly £500 too fix lol

well if it isnt leaking oil, it would have to be burning it surely :/

top it up and leave the bike running, if you cant see it leaking look for black smoke coming from the exhaust which indicates burning oil

look for black smoke coming from the exhaust which indicates burning oil

...and if its white smoke, you have elected a new Pope.......

Did you run in the motor with F.Synth oil as its not the best way, the rings don't bed in correctly and the motor will burn oil.