Noob

R34PER
This post is 4179 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, new here. Got a YZF1000R Thunderace and an XJ6n at the moment, plus a chinese "off road" style machine. Almost bought an old XT250 to add to the stable last year but it fell through so i thought i'd give a Chinese bike a go (sucked in by the good price), well, i'll be replacing that with an XT or similar mid next year now and staying away from future chinese bike purchaces :(

Also thinking about getting rid of the 'Ace too. It's getting on a bit now, looking a bit tatty and needs some TLC that i don't really have the time or money for at the moment. But it could always end up as a track bike if i ever have the spare time/cash to throw at it.

Anyway, hello all.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
:welcome: to the YOC! Check out the FAQ section in the new members forum for help adding pictures if you'd like.

welcome!!

i have also been taken in by the chinese rubbish also - best one i can remeber was the exhaust bolts on exhaust coming loose and the burning hot exhaust down comer pipe flicking up at my face was a solid pipe from the exhaust port along to the end can which slotted on....

my firends said i had the look of pure sock in my eyes like walking into your parents bedroom and finding them dressed up in gimpsuits getting jiggy with it

ken

Yep, i agree. The finishing and quality of materials on the chinese bikes is shocking in my experiance. It was 3 years old when i bought it with 8k on the clock. i'm assuming all dry miles since it turned orange (rust) first time it got wet. Had all sorts of problems bolts snapping, welds rusting and the like. It's not like i wasn't looking after it either, gave it a hose down every day in the winter, lubed and a proper wash every weekend. I gave up on it after 6 months, cleaned it and chucked it in the back of the garage after getting fed up of working on it every day. As always though, I saw loads of bikes i had been eyeing up at great prices just after buying the chinky too :(

yeh the chinese are well known for there terrible metal (cheese)...

most of our metal we recycle to the scrap yards get melted and sent to china so god knows what there doing with it there end i think there mixing it in with cheese strings

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online