2 Stroke gathering and YOC camping weekend 2013

Airhead
This post is 3943 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Somehow i managed to get lost on the way back, (by about 50 miles...) and my bodged 12v cigarette lighter decided to catch fire just before i left the campsite, phone battery was dead so had n GPS :(.

... but would i do it all again?... oh yeah!

• Like 1

I am in safe.

Left Andrew and Cynic just north of the A46. Showered and changed and getting warm. Bike put away and washing sorted.

I have to be honest, it was too cold and damp this year.

Great to see you all again and to say hello to new faces. Full respect to Andrew for the miles done on his 125.

Really pleased to see FZR Al, We didn't spend that much time gassing but what a great bloke. Great also to see oldtimer.

I have decided I need a camper and trailer.

Some things haven't changed, the toilets are still rank but it was great to say hello to the sausages no one ate last year. I do have to tell you that Kev ate them this morning so there may be some fresh ones for next year. The grease in the food is still being maintained to its normal high standard and god help anyone who had a breakfast this morning, put on their waterproofs and had a reasonable ride home.

Sorry I missed you this morning John. Got your text, cheers.

I need another brew now as I am thawing out and my hearing is returning from the cross winds.

I hope all outstanding people get home safe.

• Like 1

Phew the further south you get the worse the wind. No rain but even with some ear protection I feel like I have been to a metalica gig.

Still 420 miles, 2pissups and about 8hrs sleep, on a 25year old stroker all in 48hrs.

Bring on the next.

oh bring a stroker next time elvis so you win fair........

• Like 1

Back safe and sound, I managed to beat the rain too, the wind going over 'Holme Moss' was so strong I almost had to stop but I plodded on in 2nd gear over the summit...!

Great to meet up again with all the old faces and especially some new ones too, we had a good laugh didnt we.

Yeah, It's a pity the weather has changed so much buy hey...we were lucky with the saturday rideout weather thank god it wasnt like it is now.

Yep it was good chatting to FzrAl again this year, ...nice to see our 'oldtimer' too on his bit of exotica.

the challenge of an overheating DT goes on...maybe...just maybe...one day i'll get to the bottom of this :)

Thank you all for coming to this event this year and hopefully next year we can do it all again.

good to see you all back home safe and sound.except Kev?

I think Bips, Tommy and myself got the best end of the deal this time as the weather outside is atrocious now.

must admit doing 110 on the road into Fridaythorpe was an amazing experience, but not one to I would do regulary.

still awaiting any summons just in case I got picked up as I think the 2 guys on the rd350's where really gunning it too (with Kev in tow) and they said that there maybe camra vans in the area :eusa_shifty:

Finally back home! Weather got really bad at Peterborough and then I couldn't find my way onto the Old Great North Road!! Still, seen more of the UK's lovely villages.

So, soaking wet and freezing cold and had a bloody great weekend. Great to meet you all - can't wait til next time!

I forgot to say a big than you to Numan for getting us through Donny both ways! And thanks for the company on the way! Thanks to Cynic too for the slipstream tug with that crap headwind!

Hats off to you all , you all made my weekend.

I'm in the pub now ,using this daft phone.

So I will get back too you all. Tomorrow