2 Stroke gathering and YOC camping weekend 2013

Airhead
This post is 3902 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

kev and foams your both bent almost glad I can't make it

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Depends. On the side stand you can use a crushed can or find something there.

My tent, sleeping bag and stuff are down from the loft. Planning to get to Grantham at 3pm on Friday - assuming you are still up for it Andrew? Also need to see if Cynic is joining us.

Definitely up for it. 3 o'clock is about when I plan to get there. Oil an filter changed, revs pretty much sorted, air filter cleaned, timing chain tensioner adjusted, chain at correct tense, need to tighten (I think) steering column as it has developed a knock when braking over a pothole recently.

New (2nd hand) top box fitted, just got to find my tent in a 12x8 shed! Oh and borrow a sleeping bag from someone as mine got ate by a family of mice which have now been evicted!

AA route plan printed off and laminated as I've never gone that distance without using motorways. Long range weather forecast suggests a dry ride up but I've waterproofed my leather trousers just in case so I don't need an extra set of trousers over the top.

And most importantly, permission is still granted from SWMBO!

Sounds like you have been busy.

A bit of a pain you can't use motorways to get to Grantham. Although boring, it is a straight run on the M11. I used to live in Harlow and have run up and down the M11 to the Midlands more times than I can remember.

Which way are you coming up? Via Melton Mowbray?

The weather will be dry and warm'ish from Friday to Sunday with some rain on Sunday late evening.

I'm still on 'L' plates so M'way out of the question. I understand if you'd rather hack up the A1 at a proper speed! There's still some parts of the A1 I can go on just need to jump off in places.

I can go via Melton but if we are going to meet at Grantham I will head north and use the A52. I live in Loughborough so so sweat for me.

I'm still on 'L' plates so M'way out of the question. I understand if you'd rather hack up the A1 at a proper speed! There's still some parts of the A1 I can go on just need to jump off in places.

Hey I drive hgv. I spend all week on motorway and dual carriageway the indirect is just fine with me.

Lol! I was fairly certain kev was messing!

am I ? you can share my sleeping bag if you still need one,

me you ,, and foamy may find it a tight squeeze though