tzr indicators

Guest Tomg
This post is 6821 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest Tomg

i got a new set of carbon motrax indicators for my birthday. and at the time only got two (yes stupid but motorbike shop was dragging its feet). spastics! but anyway i had two motrax ones on and my od boring set and it worked fine. but no wi put in the second set (yes it really did take the bike shop 2 months to get a fucking pair of indicators useless wankers) on the bike it doesn't work. the indicators don't flash they just both are dimley lit. and you can hear the relay goin mad!! why is this and how can i solve this problem. i have tried getting a new really but no such luck as it is a four pin relay. i hav been told that wiring in an extra set of bulbs would highten the resistance but im unsure. what you peeps think???

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i got a new set of carbon motrax indicators for my birthday. and at the time only got two (yes stupid but motorbike shop was dragging its feet). spastics! but anyway i had two motrax ones on and my od boring set and it worked fine. but no wi put in the second set (yes it really did take the bike shop 2 months to get a fucking pair of indicators useless wankers) on the bike it doesn't work. the indicators don't flash they just both are dimley lit. and you can hear the relay goin mad!! why is this and how can i solve this problem. i have tried getting a new really but no such luck as it is a four pin relay. i hav been told that wiring in an extra set of bulbs would highten the resistance but im unsure. what you peeps think???

try checking the earth or changing round the wires

• 3 weeks later...

thanks guys i will try it as soon as i can!! my dads bike today! it took 3 hours for a recovery vehicle that was organised by the aa to get to us. if you get stuck ask for a tow vehicle!!! luckily he has another bike to use in the mean time! and this is only because his car is broken!!! not fair today! :( but the acknowledgement we got from passing bikers kept me going

• 4 weeks later...

after replacing the motrax indicators with my standard ones again it all worked. after having an mot and a service because of faulty lights it was found that one of the relays for the lights and indicators was coroded and therefore damaged and not working properly!! so now i may try the motrax indicators again i just don't no!