eBay

Grouch
This post is 4213 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I recently sold a video game on eBay to try it out. I have never sold on there before. The guy who won it hasn't paid me four days on, am I meant to do something to initiate the payment? I sent him an invoice with my email and requesting PayPal payment.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Did you specify a time to pay?

You shouldn't need to but in the "my ebay" section under the sold link in the left hand menu there should be a link that says "send invoice" of something like that. You can also ebay message the buyer and ask.

Invoice is automatically sent!! They know they have won the item as they get an email!!

There should be a standard amount of time for payment you need to look at your listing, it is possible to change it but if you haven't I'm sure it's 5 days!

Just email them and ask if they still want item and they are bound by eBay rules, you will then have no option but to proceed through eBay policy

could also be that they are away, and bid via phone.

think you have to give so many days then file a non payment.

That usually focusses their minds

Thanks for the responses guys,

I have sent him two invoices, the duration in which to pay is five days. I dion't really know what posessed me to sell something on eBay anyway, it seems like a lot of messing about. I'm a bit pissed off because the guy is getting something half the price that it even sells in game shops for half the price, and they still can't be bothered paying promptly. I use eBay to buy most of my motorbike stuff and I always pay instantly. The other thing is I don't want to get bad feedback from the guy.

hi..

i do a lot of sales on ebay.

and 4 days is the time stated by ebay they have to pay in. if you cant contact the seller you can get the persons phone number through ebay if you want to find out what is going on..

however, it has been 4 days so you can now open a non paying buyer case.

ebay will start proceedings and if the buyer does not pay they will get an infraction, and you will be credited back your 10/15% final value fee.

After that you can then request ebay refund you your listing fee. they wont always do that but they will about 60% of the time.

This is usefull because i sell a lot of stuff on ebay, and it only takes 100 non payers and then all the 40p listing fees is £40 that just vamished.

But they will only credit you the money which sux if you dont sell stuff.

as for feedback. If a non paying buyer leaves you bad feedback then you can ask ebay to remove it. and they will

dont worry if he give neg feedback you can get that removed so just go through the motions - make the t!t regret what he did!

does he have much feedback?

ive had problems with ebayers also-is it me or is it not the same as what it used to be????

i never go for the bidding, i just go for buy it now's and hunt for a decent price - i think the fun of bidding has been destroyed by prgrams that bid automaticly for you at the last min etc.... what happened to people bidding what they think its worth to them and if they get it for less its a bonus.

used to love going on ebay for hours and bidding on stuff!

i always put a buy it now on my listings

ken

Just to add my 2p (and it still is no excuse) but the guy maybe on holiday n away from a pc so cant pay? Give it a few more days mate then either start a complaint or send daily emails to him.

Update! Despite a few messages and a few more invoices he has totally ignored me! And guess what he has been using eBay because his feedback score is up to 15 now, an addition of 3 sales since he won my item, all xbox games as well. I just don't understand why someone would do this? He won an item and was getting at a real knockdown price. The thing that has annoyed me is he ignores me, I even sent him a polite message asking if he still wanted it. I am definitely making a complaint against this idiot. What possesses people to behave like this? He is obviously some little kid or just a straight special needs case. I was going to sack eBay off for selling but I am not going to let one bad experience ruin it for me. Once I have completed a video game I have no need for it, and in the games shops when you trade them you get ripped off. Selling on eBay I'll get at least 2/3 what I paid for it.

I wouldn't of thought many on here would be interested.

foamy will, buy anything after a few pints :babyha:

I've reported him to eBay for not paying me. What happens now, do they send him a message saying he has to? Tbh I wanted to cancel the sale after he messed me about and relist it.

no mate!

he has missed his opertunity to buy it now so you are within your rights to relist item, and put in your listing that you have relisted due to a time waster!

if he was to pay you can refund... rules are rules for a reason so you dont get messed about.

send him a final email stating you have reported him and also item has been relisted, you have acted well within ebay rules.

march on dude

ken

I've just relisted it now and added a few quid onto the price for my troubles. The little dickhead still hasn't answered my messages and he's bought something as recentley as yeterday. What an idiot. I just don't understand some people.