alarms

Guest Tomg
This post is 6887 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i am looking into buy an alarm, as one of those constant worryers i feel it would give me a bit more peace of mind. i have been looking at the acumen 911 (it has more features) for 69.99 but i have come across one on ebay for 49.99 is it worth buying. also is a scotoiler a good idea? again cheaper one on ebay.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ssott oiler is a very good idea, they prolong the life of your chain fer quite a bit, I hav'nt got an alarm on me bike ,just chains ,disc lock an data tag, but then again the big Divvy is'nt really a target for the teeves. :mellow:

The Accumen isn't a bad alarm, and there is an optional pager system (about £30) which is easy to fit and has a range of about a mile. Check with your Insurance company first though as to whether they recognise them and offer discount, otherwise you might want to consider a thatcham approved system such as Datatool, Laserline, Selca etc.

Scotoilers are worth every penny - I have a dual feed system on the 'Bird and the chain so far has been adjusted just twice and has covered 4,000 miles!!

If you're really worried about security, move to Adelaide in South Australia (my home town). Earlier this year, we had a spell of beautiful weather, so I rode the bike every day for two weeks. Eventually, I wanted to go shopping (Now bear in mind that I live in the heart of the city-the alleged "high crime" area) and began searching for the car keys. Couldn't find them. They were in the door of the car!

I had left a quite nice Mercedes Benz parked on the street for 14 days with the keys in the door!

Either I'm lucky or we have some unbelievably lazy thieves around here!

If you're really worried about security, move to Adelaide in South Australia (my home town).  Earlier this year, we had a spell of beautiful weather, so I rode the bike every day for two weeks. Eventually, I wanted to go shopping (Now bear in mind that I live in the heart of the city-the alleged "high crime" area) and began searching for the car keys.  Couldn't find them.  They were in the door of the car!

I had left a quite nice Mercedes Benz parked on the street for 14 days with the keys in the door!

Either I'm lucky or we have some unbelievably lazy thieves around here!

ha here in bedfordshire 10 secs nd that woulda been niked

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online