I"v joined DirtyDT,, on the dark side,

blackhat250
This post is 4036 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well av been a yam Dt fan since 1976, but always hankered after a Ts,250, :bag: after seeing and hearing newmans at Squires , i had to have one,,,

TS250L001_zps4225f686.jpg

TS250L003_zps3e22bfd5.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeh the fenders are wrong, the rims are painted, kicker is painted, as the headlight shrouds, & no turn signals, black bars, the crank seals are goosed, [ idle rises when warm, and slow drop in revs,]

The good thing is , is a 3 owner Uk bike,[1974] tool kit , manual , 12,750mls, lights work, she pulls strong, sounds good,

just a good base for resto. TS250L,

The fenders are a mine feild, theres Chome [ hens teeth] , thers two different style of plastic, :eusa_think:

I can hear numan swearing from here. Pretty good place to start from for a resto......

yeh,, my N.H.S mystro will be my saving grase, now wheres my medication ,,,, did i realy buy a Suzuki :ambulance:

Hey mick , hows you mate, another Squires attendee" i never knew you were on here ,, i remember you posting about the RSx, ages ago. never thot you were same guy,, :eusa_doh:

Hey mick , hows you mate, another Squires attendee" i never knew you were on here ,, i remember you posting about the RSx, ages ago. never thot you were same guy,, :eusa_doh:

joined here a ages ago :D doing canny fella...was good to meet ya at squires and cant wait for next years do.... :hyper: :hyper:

............................. the crank seals are goosed, idle rises when warm, and slow drop in revs.........................................she pulls strong, sounds good,

just a good base for resto. TS250L,

Welcome to the club Blackhat. Same running symptoms but still goes very well. easy resto mate. well done :thumb: it looks fab.

The fenders are a mine feild, theres Chome [ hens teeth] , thers two different style of plastic, :eusa_think:

The chrome fenders come up a lot in the US. The front fender and stays seperate I think but quite a few are still around. Parts for these are plentyful, Exhaust are common, I think that they make complete pattern seats for them and even NOS gas tanks come up frequently. There is a nice lime'ish green one that always takes my fancy!!

I can hear numan swearing from here. Pretty good place to start from for a resto......

Yes (said through gritted teeth). These TS models (all before the ER) are, to me, some of the prettiest bikes ever made.

yeh,, my N.H.S mystro will be my saving grase, now wheres my medication ,,,, did i realy buy a Suzuki :ambulance:

No worries. Already sent some info bits. The bottom end is about the same. The rest is different.

Nice one mate,,,,, have fun doing it up,,,,, looks in good shape allready.

Thaught ya were a Kawaker fan !!!!

Winter commin over there yet ???

Gettin very cold here in the evening.

Yeh pat " frost on cars last 2 mornings,, ...i like Ts250s ,, mate of mine still has his in garage,owned it for 31 years,, its rusted tho.

Am selling that illiminator, am sick of it, its off a cylnder just now, leads/ coil, havna looked, am into 2 strokes ,

looking forward to the resto. ,, :jossun:

just a 2 stroke junkie blackhat....

Amen to that, whats that saying?

" More than 2 strokes is w@nk"

or have i got that wrong.

Amen to that, whats that saying?

" More than 2 strokes is w@nk"

or have i got that wrong.

2 strokes and he's finished :D 4 strokers last longer

• 1 month later...

Wow dirty" if all that rings true, that is a :eusa_shifty: museum piece, if you finnish yours newman , it will be worth abob too,

Av got all my engine parts for the TS, except piston :eusa_think: ,,, not shure wheather to go woosner , or makita , .50 ...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online