xj6 diversion 2011

grasshopper
This post is 4250 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi there.

not sure if anyone can help but i have this annoying problem with my bike ,

when i use the bike from cold all is good in the gear change but when it gets hot i have trouble in selecting 5 and 6 gears you pull the clutch in flick the lever but the lever moves but wont go into gear do it again and it does .its only ever the higher gears only going up never coming down

its been serviced recently and as its still under warranty i mentioned it and no problem found clutch cable adjustment is as manufactures guidelines ,i am begining to wonder if its just me but i know dam well it isn't

do you think its because its still low mileage and not broke in yet ,i never had this with my 660x and that was brand new .

puzzelled any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

sounds very odd and not normal - my 09 xj6N abs - slick as you like changing either way ...had mine 2 years and was one yr old when bought ...so similar age to yours now I suppose

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online