XS 850 Indicators

baldyjim
This post is 6915 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Recently bought a lovely XS 850 and everything in the garden was sweetness and light until all the indicators packed in last weekend. No problem it's the fuse I hear you say. Sorry no. A bulb had blown so I thought the flasher unit had bit the dust as a result. Where is the f***ing thing. Found the cancelling unit and loads of other stuff but no relay/flasher unit. Please help a poor demented old soul..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Recently bought a lovely XS 850 and everything in the garden was sweetness and light until all the indicators packed in last weekend. No problem it's the fuse I hear you say. Sorry no. A bulb had blown so I thought the flasher unit had bit the dust as a result. Where is the f***ing thing. Found the cancelling unit and loads of other stuff but no relay/flasher unit.  Please help a poor demented old soul..

My 76 RD400 has it attached to the plastic part of the rear mudguard behind the right hand side panel.

If your bike has the self canceling indicators then you have to get the proper unit or it will not work.

cheaper ones work fine, just have to remember to turn them off.

If that XS is anything like the bigger XJ's.......it might be under the tank attached to the frame backbone ;)

My '77 XS750 has it under the right side cover behind the engine, but acording to my service manual yours should be under the battery box on the left side beside your rectifier/regulator.