I win!!!!!!!!

Noise
This post is 4260 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The first victory of my marriage! The next bobber project will be kicking off as soon as I sell betty. :-D

I have found a donor bike (dont worry its a yam) and worked out roughly how much its gunna cost.

But can you guess what bike it is? Ill give you a clue, its a 1981.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:hah: a PW50

:biglaugha:

how about an XS 1100 martini?

Shit i thought it would have taken you longer to guess! yes its gunna be an XS 650, sadly i would have liked to do a 1100 but cant find one cheap enough to call a "donor" where as i have found a 650 that is at a good price and in such condition i maybe able to haggle.

I cant flipping wait! now this REALLY is going to be a one off, right from a custom frame tins etc etc, all i will be using from the donor will be engine, wheels, i may use the forks but all depends, and then the rest will be sold on e-bay, (bar the frame.......i will keep that in the man cave)

Lol Frank Spencer! awesome bloke!

Well im at a cross roads already with this project already........................!?? do i go for the XS 650 with all the looks of a chain, but in order to get some more speed out of it i can then change the sprokets etc etc, or do i just go for a XS 1100 with the prop shaft but have all the power and speed that im after?

I have found a few 1100 on Ebay that will be a good donor bike but also i have found a good 650.

any of you ever own one of these n what are your thoughts?

1100 or you will never be happy.

+1 :)

I owned an 1100 in standard trim. Great big beast. The only negative was the handling, it appears 70s frames were made of rubber (at least thats what it felt like), but thats not an issue if your making a new frame.

My mate had a 650, I thought it was a great wee bike and I loved getting a shot of it.

In 1976 . the XS650 was yamaha"s biggest bike, till the XS750 , in 77.

Good reliable twin the 650, :thumb:

I prefer the 650, you have a lot more options for that bike. tune to 850cc rephased crank etc etc.

Hey drewpy do you know of any web sites that sell after market parts for the 650?

I'd like to get an 1100 but there aren't many out there at the price i want to pay, two where on e-bay at the good price but have now gone. so its looking like its gunna be the 650 but would most likely tune it for more grunt.