rd400 headlight

DirtyDT
This post is 4286 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes the usa hadf a sealed beam unit, germany and other parts of europe had something with 2 chrome rings , you can fit wetdream halogen unit as well , the cibies are as rare as hens teeth now they fetch good money on ebay

Cheers guy's.

I was looking at a Yambits halogen which should be a straight swap. I decided that I might struggle to get this to fit the rims I have and they are quite different. I did buy a headlight from a GS450 but it wasn't that good.

I ordered a complete, pattern, wetdream headlight unit earlier. That should mean that I can either use the whole unit, use the rims and glass if it fits the headlight holder or just use the glass. It has a 12v 60/55w H4 bulb so I ordered a couple 6v 35/35w H4 bulbs to go with it. I needed one with a pilot light so lets see what turns up.

Yes the usa hadf a sealed beam unit, germany and other parts of europe had something with 2 chrome rings , you can fit wetdream halogen unit as well , the cibies are as rare as hens teeth now they fetch good money on ebay

I got an old Cibie in the shed, but its a bit of surface rust on the rim.

cool dished lens though