New Member from Seattle area, just got my first bike!

This post is 4298 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, my name is Nathan, just snagged an '82 Yamaha XJ 550 Maxim, it's a blast. Having a little trouble, but hopefully I'll figure it out - shifter stuff. If you have any pointers, I'd love to hear your input.

I've wanted to ride since I was a little kid, I always thought there must be something remarkably freeing about riding on a sunny day. Over the past few days, I've had these beliefs reaffirmed. My inner 12 year old is ecstatic.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know more about bikes, maybe meet up with some people in my area for rides once I get better. Have a great day all!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nathan - welcome. Ridin on a sunny day - hard to beat eh? Come to think of it ..... Riding on any days a good one !

Thanks guys, really looking forward to getting to know my bike, to learn how to cruise safely and enjoy the beautiful NW summer weather we have going on.

:welcome:

I'd rather be riding than working... unless its working on the bike. :lol: