Got clipped today

Grouch
This post is 4444 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This Polish guy didn't see me at a junction and clipped me. Luckily I was unhurt, but his bumper and grill are badly damaged. I can't believe the amount of damage my bike caused to his car, when my bike hasn't a scratch on it. I think it would be a different story if I was on a sports bike and not a supermoto. The rear footpeg saved me! It has been annoying me for months because it keeps falling down when I fold it up. It saved my leg from being crushed.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not good but glad to hear you are OK.

Check your bike over properly. Even a slight mark can be an insurance claim and a claim against him may make him drive with his eyes open. The next biker may not be so lucky!

You might want to report it to the police in case he tries to claim from you...?

My rear foot peg does the same thing and it does just drive me crazy! I really believe we make our own fate, but maybe some things happen for a reason? Glad you weren't hurt and

...keep changing my mind whether to get another Supermoto or a Sports.

get another supermoto! hee, hee

I didn't take any action, I just gave him a lecture about looking out for bikers. He apologised and seemed like a decent guy, I was going to phone the police, but as I was ok and my bike was un damaged I couldn't be arsed waiting around etc. he will definitely think twice now because he caused 100's of pounds worth of damage to his car. I still can't believe how much his motor was damaged.

I reckon had it been a Brit he would have been trying to blame you , most of the poles i have met , (not many mind) have been straight honest down to earth blokes, working with them at one time building stables , lunch time came i took my sandwiches the looked at me as if to say what did you bring them for , shoved a fresh loaf of bread bloody great jar of pickled gerkins, and a huge sausage on the table and said eat , that with us save yours for later

If he had of being a div with me I wouldn't of hesitated to involve the police, but he did seem like a genuine guy so I thought I'll give him a break.

If he had of being a div with me I wouldn't of hesitated to involve the police, but he did seem like a genuine guy so I thought I'll give him a break.

Glad you weren't hurt mate. It's a tough call whether to trust the driver in a case like that. I came off my bike in Jan and did the same - gave the driver a right proper lecture (he was at fault) - but to the point that he apologised so much I actually felt sorry for him. Still - I was glad when I knew for sure he wasn't contesting anything a few weeks later. As for the police - they told me they don't get involved if there's no personal injury unless the driver had a particularly bad driving record.

This is true, but a girl I was working with told me she had a small prang in a supermarket car park, no damage to cars etc, they said no harm done and off they went. A few weeks later the other fella put a claim in saying it had caused him to be impotent amongst other things....

...saying it had caused him to be impotent...

Well that makes perfect sense. :crazy:

I did start to doubt and question my decision to let it go but the main factor in doing so was that I really couldn't be arsed waiting for and dealing with the police, hopefully the guy will be more careful now. It could have been a lot worse, if that peg wasn't slack and it didn't fall down, my leg would be crushed

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online