Good Morning

This post is 4306 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just thought I would say a quick hello. I am from Abingdon and have been tinkering about with bikes for years . I dont like to keep them standard and always try to do my own thing with them. Panel beater / sprayer by trade.

I bought possibly the ugliest bike in the world earlier in the year

0e21b540-orig.jpg

and after watching a short track race organised by Sideburn magazine , I decided to make my own and maybe use it on the track , starting with the run what ya brung stage and seeing if I had the balls and stamina to go any further .

this is it so far , its on the road and now tuned and dyno'd,

7B74E1E0-orig.jpg

look forward to meeting everyone also getting help and helping in any way i can

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi welcome to the site ,bike looks great what's the tank from?

Love what you did! Better than the original IMHO. :D

cheers guys , the tanks off a xs . I had to narrow the top frame tubes and widen the tank . I did originally want a smaller type trials tank but as its used on the road I needed some range , just been setting it up properly for the dreaded "pod" filters and its running lovely now with 70 bhp at the wheel which isnt bad as it had 80 at the crank 32 years ago. The dyno was a bit scary though , good job I put fresh oil in it . As I am a bit of a tart I add a capfull or Castrol R to the petrol and it smells lovely too . I am currently making the headlight quick release so I can take it off in the daytime as it looks much better up front with just the number board . I am also building a different silencer thats shorter with a "cone " type end although I do not want it any louder

Very nice. :) I'd love to see some pics with and without the headlight... post up when you get it done. (not to sound bossy) :P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online