A2/full bike test

Theclockman
This post is 4320 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all I'm new here, got back on 2 wheels a few months ago (after about 25 years). I have a YBR 125 on a provisional licence.

I find it's a great little bike but a little lacking on hills. and living in north Wales there's plenty of them. so I was thinking about doing my bike test and getting something a bit bigger.

is there any real difference in the bike test on a 125cc or a 500cc, apart form the 2 year 33bhp restriction.

or to put it another way is it worth just doing the full test strait off? is the 125 test easier or cheaper to do?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Do the direct access NOW, there is a whole raft of new laws coming and you could find you have to do another test for every bigger bike you want to ride,

I think there wil be 3 or 4 different groups next and a test between every one

As of January next year, passing the test on a 125 will mean you are stuck on a 125 for 2 years and then you need to pass a test on a middleweight bike (up to 47bhp, I think). Another 2 years and then you can go for an unrestricted test on a big bike (over 47bhp). Currently, Direct Access is applicable to over-21s, next year it's over-24s, so you're safe either way.

If I were you I'd do Direct Access this year - the test is the same, including cost, so why give yourself an uneccessary restriction? You can still practice what you learn between lessons on the YBR and they tell me the Mod1 stuff is easier on the big bike - I wouldn't know as I passed my test back in the Jurassic.

+1 do you direct access as it is easier on the bigger bike as you have the torque to get round while doing your slow moving stuff. in stead of having to raise the revs to pull away n stuff you just........well........pull away lol.

And again i will second the fact that the laws are changing in Jan and thus your be forking out 3 times as much as you will be now.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online