Newbie to the bike world

This post is 4356 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

My name is allen. I live in the essex area and im looking into doing my das course. So 1st off i need some advice from you guys.

1. What type of bike would be a good one to start on. Im 6ft 6inch tall n fairly well built. My dad suggested to me to look at a fazer as its more of a sports tourer bike. I originally said an r1 or r6. ( Im use to bikes in my job so fairly confident on a bigger bike). But dad said because of my build ill be aching more then anything on a proper race bike.

2. When i get my bike, im going to get it on finance, however it needs to be guarented finance due to not so great credit score. Ive got one default on there as well as the odd late payment. Now i know getting a bike on finance might not seem a great idea to some members. Ive paid the company the outstanding balance which was £4 to clear the default so that should get cleared soon. The main reason why im choosing to finance the bike is so it helps build my credit back up a bit. Ill prob put down a 50% deposit to get myself started so the main question is, where would you guys suggest i go to get finance for someone with not so great credit to obtain finance for a motor bike.

Thanks everyone for reading as well as your advice you return

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
:welcome: Allen! I'm afraid I'm not any help on your questions as I am only 5'2" and I enjoy the upright riding position myself. Just feels more comfortable for me than having my feet out in front of me. I also live in the states so I don't know any of the finance companies there. Thanks for nothing, eh? :lol: Just wanted to welcome you aboard! I'm sure the other folks on here will have some suggestions for you.

Haha cheers matey. Ive gotta pass my test soon as im gettting a yamaha fjr1300 from work to ride on daily. I work for the ambulance servicecollecting bloods now n then as well as working on the front line. What part of the states you from bud?

Welcome pal ..... :welcome:

Can't help on the finance question but as for the fazer (which I commute on daily) I'm 5'8 and find the bike just about right although possibly a little small for my tastes. At 6'6 I really would have reservations about you not becomeing pretty sore esp if you're putting in decent milege ....... just my humble opinion though. Hope all goes well on the finance front ... been there ... couldn't afford the T Shirt.....

Other option is the fjr which ive ridden at work. Thats a fairly comfortable bike and cheap to insure but power might be to high. Ive looked at a few companies that offer full guarented finance. The only condition is they send the money directly to the dealer

... What part of the states you from bud?

I'm from good old Idaho. :DRecently made the fake news too. Feckin hilarious... and yet so sad.

...been there ... couldn't afford the T Shirt.....

:lol: Love it!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online