DT 125 / 175

PICTURE_MAN36
This post is 4354 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Would be grateful if someone could help me with the following query....

I've bought a DT which is a box of bits to restore. The frame number is 18G-101037. I have no V5 or a working engine.

I am looking to restore it, and possibly customise it etc... I thought it was a UK spec model, but the previous owner tells me that it was an import.

I need to source the usual things like tank, side panels etc...

Tried the local dealer but he can't help. Is there anywhere on line that I can check to see which model this please. I've had the frame next to my 83 DT175MX, and it looks similar, but there seems to be subtle differences.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just had a conversation with the nice people @ Yamaha UK and I have an 84 DT125L! it's air cooled. (The crank cases are '2A6' which means that the MX engine will fit) It looks like a cross between an MX & an LC Mk1 and its not a UK or European spec bike. It would seem its either South American or possibly Caribbean.

How it came to be in the UK I do not know!

Cheers

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online