Hi from the home of the world famous smokie, Arbroath

This post is 4380 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I picked up a DT50m or possibly an mx model last week, i was walking past my girlfriend who was sitting at the laptop on facebook when i glanced out of the corner of my eye the distinct shape of a long lost lover in one of the photographs in the chat page she was on. Ha, i hear you say, he is going to cheat on his missus - no youre wrong, i had a closer look over her shoulder and saw that it was the afore mentioned DT50. which happens to be the first motorcycle that i ever owned and therefore the bike that took my pavement pounding virginity . Being that i was only 13 at the time one of my mates suggested that we should swap my DT for a Datsun 120y car which after a few months of hassling me i finally agreed to do. Well one day we were watching Death Race 2000 on Betamax video (1983), we took the car to the fieldy (it was an unused field that belonged to a farmer where me and my mates learned to drive), and we procceded to enact the Death Race film, the car ended on its roof where some older boys set it on fire and i ended up with no bike and no car. Ive often looked back on that time with lots of regret and manys the time ive wished i had kept my DT, so when i saw the picture of one on facebook i had to have it. It is in a right sorry state and hasnt ran for years, i payed £40 and it now sits in my workshop ready to be fully restored by me over the next few months. I cant wait to get the bike back to full road worthyness. I have just restored a DT125r on a "99" plate for one of my sons, it passed its MOT on Monday and now is back on the road. I myself drive a KDX250 on a "93" plate which i have fitted a Wiseco racing piston and Boyesen reed valves to also messed around with various sprocket sizes and fitting a "Pro-Circuit full system exhaust to in the next few wks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online