Help Needed Please

Michael Collins
This post is 4423 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys/gals....

I know I'm new to this forum but since it's an owners club thought it would be best to ask on here for some advice.

Anyway:

I have a Yamaha XJ600 Diversion N - on a 1999 (T Plate) which the previous owner has put chopper style bars on it so they are higher up, my insurance company won't insure me with these bars so I have to change them back to the original ones (which I already have) but my question is this.....

If I change the bars back & keep existing hoses (Brakes, Clutch & So on) they will be a bit longer than needed....will this cause any issues or is it only a problem if they are too short?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

They are going to have big loops in them because of the extra length, you will have to fit standard bars on it, and asses whether or not this will pose any danger. By the way how on earth did your insurance Co. know you had larger handlebars? :crazy: I'v never heard that one before.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online