How do I connect an led relay to 1993 us import xv1100

Knightsbitch
This post is 4397 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have changed the original stock indicators for led aftermarket, I need to change the relay but not shore which wires to connect. My stock relay has about 8 wires so can't just plug and play I have a to pin aftermarket relay which I was informed would do the job. If so what wirers do I connect too? Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Your indicator relay should only have two connectors on it, try it either way, it wont hurt it, it will only work one way, if you wire it the wrong way round it wont do anything so you simply swap the wires round. the relay unit is simply a metal strip fixed between two points, it will be at rest on one of these points, when you turn on the indicator switch, a current is sent through the metal strip, heating it up causing it to bend, in doing so it brakes contact with the point on which it is resting and touches the opposite point sending a short current to the front and rear bulbs, as soon as it makes this connection it cools down and flicks back to the point it was resting on, and heats up and flicks back to the other one and will continue doing this at about one second intervals untill you switch off the power from the turn signal switch on the handlebars. I hope that makes sense. By the way, the two wires feeding the relay are brown and brown/white.

• 4 weeks later...

why do you need a relay if they flash too fast fit resitors

i used a 3 pin vauxhall relay 1 terminal is earth one is live an the other is power to the switch

i couldnt get a 2 pin bike relay to work

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online