eemoving pods off of xv 125 virago

Chris_Lowe
This post is 4438 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone quick question, i want to remove the pods on my 2000 xv 125 virago for a sleeker look, ive been told that the LH pod contains a thermoswitch or something and it can be mounted elsewhere with minimal effort, is this the case? we then move onto the RH pod. what are the pro's and cons of removing the pod and replacing with a cone filter or something similar and what is involved in the process? if pod removal is somethin people wouldnt suggest then i may just spray them matt black but ideally just want rid of them cos im not too struck on their look

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

id say keep the original air filter! the xv virago engines are so temperamental about the air fuel mix that any change in the design of the air flow will stop the bike from running. unless your willing to spend at least a solid week testing and trying out carb setups then your better off just keeping it.

i tried a couple of years ago to put a pod filter on and found that you cant do it without the air box/ chamber going from carb to filter. plus any change in the air/fuel mix will ware your piston rings faster (and there like gold dust to find).......also the bottom end is a week point so any extra power created will cause it to blow.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online