Fazer600 battery?

superbadgrandad
This post is 6968 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

We just got this with our car. The mechanic said that the cold snaps recently had recently caused a purge of batteries to fail.

No other choice but to replace it.

Hi.

I have an 03 Fazer 600 with a duff battery (26 months old, garaged over winter, connected to an optimate and still duff!)

Anybody point me towards the best place to buy a replacement please?

Also, has anybody else had a short battery life? Cheers

I have an FZ1 (fazer 1000) 2001 with 30 000 km on it now.

Am on my 2nd Battery and it let me down recently when riding near San Antonio Texas(on Vacation)

My theory is: I might not be running at high enough rpm to charge (coming from a BMW, that is almost excusable!

But then again, for many months on end,all was fine.

Also make sure your tricklecharger has the required 14 V-15V output.

Last summer I paid Canadian$$ 207 for the sealed replacement Battery.

Good luck, Rolf

i put a new battery in my fzr last year, done 2000 miles and garaged it for winter. took battery out to charge it 3 weeks ago ( flat as i expected) and it wouldnt charge. there were no led's lit on my charger indicating no current passing through the cells. decided to leave it on charge overnite just in case, and after 8 hours the led's slowly started to light up. the battery eventually took a full charge after about 14 hours. suspect no conduction through the electrolyte due to the cold weather, ( water seperation) but once it gradually heats up it allows the current to flow freely. try it and see. :)

Amazing how the Temperature can have such an effect on things electrical! :huh:

Even though I ride everyday, year-round........the really cold spells that hit sometimes, require me to run a space heater in the Garage overnight, right next to the engine cases......which not only heats up the oil a bit, but also warms up the Ignition too........makes for alot easier starting by morning. ;)

Amazing how the Temperature can have such an effect on things electrical! :huh:

Even though I ride everyday, year-round........the really cold spells that hit sometimes, require me to run a space heater in the Garage overnight, right next to the engine cases......which not only heats up the oil a bit, but also warms up the Ignition too........makes for alot easier starting by morning. ;)

Maybe the oil you use during the cold season is too heavy?

I had put in 10-40 last fall and my FZ1 starts fine in cold(Canadian) weather.

It is kept in an unheated shed,so temp inside and out is very close.

There is also a Motorcycle oil W0-40 Amsoil on the market. I'll be trying that out.

Having had problems with my battery(and/or charging sysyem) I played it cool today. Went for about 140km ride and took aling a fully charged spare(identical) Battery. I kept the rev's up. 4500 t0 6500 rpm.

Guess what? Nothing went wrong :o

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online