Carb cleaning time

Cynic
This post is 4583 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Oh well, thought i'd sorted my flooding issue but alas the carbs have got to come off. Its a complete arse of a job almost as bad as a TDM.

Pipes galore and you have to take half the bike to bits to boot, tank, seat, exhausts, rad, all bodywork. All for a little bit of crap stuck in the float.

Gutted.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Go on jase" you kno you luv stripping old bikes, keeps you from the tele "

PS why is it wen clicking on reply[ to post] the page fades? and no smilies available ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, mods " giv alexandro the shout, am i the only one ,,,,,,,,

:o

Mine is fine Blackie

Jason,,,,, is it not possible to rotate the carbs enough to get bowl's off like on single cylinder bikes

:o

Mine is fine Blackie

Jason,,,,, is it not possible to rotate the carbs enough to get bowl's off like on single cylinder bikes

I wish, you can't even get the slides out without taking the exhausts off, and to remove those you need the rad covers off, to get those off yah, yah, yah

Not a nice day to do it but when you have cleaned them and reassembled the bike it always feels like there are a few extra HP's squeezed out of them.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online