Cleaning jacket tips?

dand
This post is 4586 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

Not sure how others do (if at all) but wanted some advice on how to clean my jacket. It has some white areas on it and it's beginning to look a bit tatty!

(http://www.hein-gericke.co.uk/clothing/motorcyle-clothing/jackets/pro-sports-psx-competition-2-sheltexr-blouson-schwarz-rot.html)

Any advice on how to wash or clean these much appreciated...

Rgds

Dan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Based on the picture that you linked to, those white areas are there by design! :lol:

Joking aside - Given that we're in/around Winter, I'd hazard a guess that the white patches are just road salt. Taste them, if you want to be sure, heh heh....

I'd personally just scrub it with cold water & a soaking wet cloth, then hang up to dry. Use a brush maybe, but consider reproofing it afterward.

I know some textile jackets are machine-washable though, so do check the label!

I like chips!! but NOT with out salt dammit. :spin2:

You should be able to take the armour out, although its not always easy to spot where it comes out, I have two HG jackets and the armour comes out of both of them.

it contains traces of cyanide

Yeah, well, so do my cigarettes and my bike fumes, but both of us are still working... :lol:

+1 on the Nikwax stuff - check out your local camping gear/outdoor sports shop, they generally carry the Nikwax range of cleaners/reproofers.

Tips on use - cool wash only, make sure the soap tray is clean of any old washing powder (you can generally pop them out and scrub 'em under the tap). Use the green stuff to wash the jacket, then run another cycle with the purple bottle to re-proof it, drip dry over the bath and Robert is your Muvver's bruvver!

if you clean it , it will never ever protect you from the rain the same as it does now,period?

i know? so their? with knobs on :bootyshake: