xt350 stebel air horn

thumbs
This post is 4507 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

It may sound kinda bumb, no punn intended, but has anyone installed one of these air horns on the ole xt? I use the bike for a few things and one is transportation while camping. On some of the more traveled roads there are a few people that don't bother to check the mirrors before they pull out. Anyway has anyone put one of these things on their xt and if so where did you put it and how did it work out?

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I haven't gotten the horn yet but as you guys may know the XT is a kick start. It really doesn't have a lot of battery. I was wondering if the thing would power the horn. I think it draws 18 amps but only for a moment. I would think it would especially since it would be running when the horn was used but ya never know.

If anyone has put one on an XT or the like please let me know how you made out. I am still lookin for a place to put the thing. I may take off the right "air duct" and just put it where the original horn is.

Interesting day today. Started the install of the Steble horn this afternoon. The battery that is in the bike has to be 8 or 9 years old. At the time I couldn't find one so Battery Warehouse made one for me. Been workin since. I was thinkin this may be a good time to put a new battery in. Called the Yamaha dealer it was like the bike never existed. They have no listing for an XT350. Funny they made this bike for 20 years or so. I think they stopped in 2000. You would think you should still be able to get a battery. Which begs the question where do you guys get your batteries.

Back to the install. Not done yet got dark and I need a couple of things. The wireing kit came with the relay, wires and connectors. I just ran the wires today. I'll hook them up tomorrow. Another interesting thing is I could use the stock bracket that the original horn attached to. You don't "have to" make a mounting bracket however the right scoop will have to be removed. I may do something later but for now it's fine. The front fender "just" passes by the horn.

I'll hook it up tomorrow and let you guys know how it goes. I understand it should be loud.

Oh well I guess it would cost 500 bucks before I got one here. LOL Funny they build a ton of these things you would think Yamaha would at least have a listing for a battery. Go figure

Got the horn in today and it works great. Like I said I used the stock mounting bracket. Of course you have to leave the right scoop thing off. I think in the rain or in the mud I would fit a plastic bag around it. Not sure it needs it but it is right up front.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online