Main Test

Morpheuz
This post is 4527 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Thinking about shedding these 125s... and going straight through my main test.

I am unsure as what it consists of, one guy told me its harder than a car test, and another told me it was as easy as the CBT.

I know there are two modules, is module 1 the CBT and module 2 the main stuff?

Do you have lessons like car or do you just go through it like CBTs?

I am under the impression its about 800 quid to go through, but someone told me he had lessons and it cost over 1000 pound all together.

Pretty clueless, I had a look on google and at all this .gov.co.uk shit and its balls...

Has anyone who has done it all got any reccomendations for it or a walk through?

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

if you can travel back in time,

to about 1972,thats when i took my test.

you only need to take the A test which is dead easy.

if you can't time travel, then your pretty much fucked,

hope this helped, regards kev. :hah:

Thats a lotta bucks Morph " if you have a full car licence , you can go Direct access ,,,, don"t know how much tho... :eusa_think:

And Kev " hes maybe got a Tardis , :idea: , you Auld f*%cker ,,,, :hah:

I'd rather just have Karen Gillan, she'll get me there, if you know what I mean ;)

I'm afraid I'm a noob, I aint got any real licence to be honest, thats why I'd rather stay on CBT and look kool with a bike in summer.... lol

To gain the coveted full licence you need to do:

1. Theory test - 50 questions in an hour (57 minutes, acksherly), got to get 43 right to pass. This rolls into the Hazard Perception test, 14 video clips where you need to click at the right time to say you've spotted the hazard(s) - 14 clips, 15 hazards, one clip has 2 - you need to score 44 out of a possible 75 points to pass. Grab a practice DVD from pretty much anywhere (saw them in Tesco's the other day) and that should sort you out. Oh, and read the Highway Code!

Cost - £31

2. Practical Module 1 - off road at the test centre wobbling round the cones with a 50kph blat around the big loop for the avoidance test (hint: don't brake and swerve, swerve then brake in a straight line). Not necessary, but advisable to get some training for this - it's not riding like you do on the road every day.

Cost - £15.50

3. Practical Module 2 - road test. 3/4 hour or so being followed round a local course by an examiner, behaving yourself impeccably. Again, you can do this without any training, but a couple of runs with a local instructor may show up any weak points you need to work on.

Cost - £75 (daytime Mon-Fri) or £88.50 (evenings and weekends)

If you're over 21 you can do the practical bits on a bike over 46bhp and leapfrog the '2 years at 33bhp' period, but you can only ride the big bike when accompanied by an instructor.

So ..... you are at least £121.50 to get your ticket, but throw in some training and the price goes up. Our local instructors (Scotriders in Dundee) charge £30 for a 90 minute session if you use your own bike - bloody good value if it saves you having to do your test twice, no?

HTH

Cost me a tenner back in 1980 and was half a dozen laps of Montrose Post Office while the examiner had a fag! Happy Daze!

Have a look here for some comparison prices LINKY

I rode around the block in Barking, Essex for 15 minutes to get my bike licence. It will only get harder and more expensive.

I dun my mod 1 + 2 direct access in 4 days! 3 days training with both tests on the Tuesday

£900 all in bar the theory.

All depends what school you go to.

Training is the three day course.

wow cant believe I've been quoted over 800 quid, I hope that includes a year of lessons lol

Thanks peepz.

I dun my mod 1 + 2 direct access in 4 days! 3 days training with both tests on the Tuesday

£900 all in bar the theory.

All depends what school you go to.

Training is the three day course.

When you work it out:

3 x 8 hour days at £30/hr (including bike hire) = £720

Test fees = £120

You're up to £840 easily, not including bike hire & instructor time on test day.

So .... pay bigger money, do a "crash" course and be licenced in a week, or pay less, take training runs when you can and take a couple of months.

Whichever way you do it, the feeling of tearing those L plates up is still as good!

Hi,

I did an intensive course for mine, and there were a few people doing the same. I'm under 21, but they were doing the DAS, and looked the same.

If you want to know more about the part 1, there's a good page here: http://1stclassmotorcycletraining.co.uk/New%20Test.html (Great centre btw, if you're in the area)

I personally found it quite fun, riding around a massive great pad, on ultra-grippy tarmac doing slaloms between cones... But asKirriePete said, don't brake while swerving. Or cornering at all for that matter ;)

Cost-wise, I got mine as a present, so I don't know, sorry! Advice-wise, all I can say is to check your shoulder before moving away EVERY TIME, even when you're not even on the pad. You may not think he's assessing you, but he is. Before the test, reverse park the bike, so that you can just ride straight out. But other than that, just ride according to the highway code and you can't go wrong. Part 2 is just like a car test, really.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online