Tzr wont kick up

unholy_goat
This post is 4536 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have a 1992 tzr 125 and i took it out for a few hours on sunday stopped off at a shop to get a drink the bike was off for literally 5 minutes and it refused to kick up, it bumped straight away i got it back home turned it off then tried kicking it up again still nothing, so i took the carb off and cleaned everything the pilot jet was blocked so i unblocked that checked the spark and that seems fine but it still wont kick up, tried bumping it today and nothing also when i try to kick it up the exhaust makes a 'whooshing' sound every 10 or so kicks.

anyone know what could be up with it?

Cheers Rich

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

have you checked the compression of the engine, or you could try this, when you turn it over without a spark plug fitted can you smell petrol if so then there should be enough getting though and you need to look elsewhere. Also try removing the cap from the ht lead and (whilst wearing gloves) hold the ht lead about 1/2 to 1/4 of an inch from the head, turn the engine over there should be a good strong spark if not then either the battery is no good or the cdi has failed (whilst trying this be very careful not to ignite any gases coming out of the spark plug hole).

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online