Hello

angus
This post is 4567 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello,

Just an intro to say hi and a bit of back ground (and to say sorry to have been cheeky and already asked for help with my bike!).

New to bikes having done my DAS in September. Had wanted a bike for quite a while but couldn't really justify the cost and was focused on another project but now have to commute round the outskirts of London everyday so seemed a good excuse to finally do it. Been in to mechanical things for a while and have spent the last 5 years rebuilding a 1969 ford mustang, which is still a bit of a beater but a good laugh.

Have bought a 1998 650 dragstar with the aim of doing a few bits and pieces to it to make it more personal - going somwhat down the bobber route, as a lot seem to be, with the aim of making it look like a 1940s or 1950s bike. Got a small fender made to hug the tire, got a sprung seat pan that I want to cover when I get the chance, and am looking various things to change the rear end in other ways. Found a 1936 ford tailight I quite want to use but just trying to figure out a way of making it look good and be with in all the regulations.

Am sure I will have plenty of questions as the time comes.

Cheers,

Angus

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.