Ybr125 idling high.

Dannylivi
This post is 4488 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello I am new to the forum and would like to say hi.

I have had my 2007 fuel injected Ybr125 for a couple of months and it never idles at lest then 2000RPM. I know a lot of other bikes idle at about 1k so was wondering if I should get it checked out or book it in for a service.

Even after a 20mile drive it will never idle less than 2k.

Thanks

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My '11 YBR125 Idles at about 2-3k when cold then drops to around 1.5 when mid-journey.

I believe there is a screw (or bolt, or whatever) on some bikes to change the speed in which the engines ticks over, not really looked for it on a YBR but perhaps consult the manual and see if there's anything you can do yourself. If nothing can be done and it's still troubling you perhaps see a dealer or a general motorcycle repair shop.

• 2 months later...

I don't know where or if your bike even has an idle screw but usually on the carb there will be a small screw with a spring on it and that controls the idle, just turn it either in a thread or out a thread, i'm not to sure if out will make it idle higher or lower so just have a look, or if you dont feel like messing about take it to a garage