Swing arm bushes and spoked wheels

triton john
This post is 4750 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am new to this forum although i have had Yams for years but most of my stuff is Brit iron ( my sign in name should be a clue ). I know not everyone has a lathe at home but most people know someone who has access to one. Regarding s/a bushes and similar bushes on frame work I allways use Delrin - an engineering plastic made by du pont. Whilst the initial cost may seem high of this material it far outstrips itself in the amount of time it lasts I recomend it to anyone.

If anyone has the inclination to spoke their own wheels and has never had a go I can sen you a service/instruction sheet how to do it.

Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum but I just thought it would be handy for us all to share this sort of info. Being an old git and been messing with 2 wheels for over 40 years I have amassed in my grey matter lots of little bits of info that could be of use to others.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

............................If anyone has the inclination to spoke their own wheels and has never had a go I can sen you a service/instruction sheet how to do it.

Sorry if this is in the wrong part of the forum but I just thought it would be handy for us all to share this sort of info. Being an old git and been messing with 2 wheels for over 40 years I have amassed in my grey matter lots of little bits of info that could be of use to others.

I am toying with the idea in the future but not sure yet.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online