TRX 850

Chris
This post is 7054 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

bit of an odd one this, as I think that the TRX has started to make a weird ticking noise at tick-over, hard to say with the load-ish pipes.

Has anyone else had a similar problem, I think it could be the cam-chain rattling, it's unlikely to be top end (valves) as these were sorted (at great expense) less than 10,000 miles ago.

Any advice, info would be great.

Thanks

Chris

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

bit of an odd one this, as I think that the TRX has started to make a weird ticking noise at tick-over, hard to say with the load-ish pipes.

Has anyone else had a similar problem, I think it could be the cam-chain rattling, it's unlikely to be top end (valves) as these were sorted (at great expense) less than 10,000 miles ago.

Any advice, info would be great.

Thanks

Chris

I had a similar thing with my fz making rattly noises all through th rev range though , after much ballache i found that the exhaust downpipe gaskets had perishd replaced them and rattling went .

just a thought

• Admin

I hate the simplist probs because i never find them until ive tried every thing possible! :blink:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online