2010 XVS950 - upgrades

humphrey
This post is 4586 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Humphrey,

Check out - it's based in the U.S but Shane is a great guy + will answer any questions you have about any of the prducts. And it'll work out cheaper to import yourself than buy over here.

Graham

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, looking for any input on upgrading exhaust or slip ons to increase sound . My bike is great, but sounds like an electric golf cart.

I know what you mean, I have a replaced my stock muffler with a cobra slash down slip on muffler,great look & sounds great ( not as load as straight pipes),more power & a lot lighter.5 minutes to install by unbolting the stock & replacing with the custom.

In my opinion a slip on would give a good sound for anyone & easier to remove & replace with the stock system if you have to adhere to noise control by the authorities,this has never happened.

As you have probably seen there are lots of different brands & styles on the market,the chioce is all your ,good luck

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Humphery,

How's the search going for your pipes.If your decide to go with a full exhaust system & they're to load you can buy aftermarket baffles that will quiet them down some.

I deal with Mike Deluca at Westend Motorsports in the US (www.westendmotorsports.)They have been very helpful to me sourcing & relaying information on anything regarding parts or accessoriies for most bikes.They have a great range & what they don't have they can get.Say a big hello from the krazy kiwi from downunder.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online