Help/advice/photos/personal visit needed!!!!

weimieman
This post is 4649 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This is probably a such a simple fix I'm almost too embarrassed to ask but here goes.

After several bits of advice from various members, I finally tracked down all the missing parts I need to tart up the old girl so hopefully I'm only a couple of weeks away from actually getting to have a ride.

Anyone who has read my earlier blah blahs and waffle would know that several parts were missing from my bike as it was previously a field bike that was slap dashily put back on the road. One of the parts that was missing was the spring from the rear brake pedal. All I have attached to the pedal is the long spring to trigger the rear brake light. :headscratch:

All my missing bits arrived yesterday and amongst them were two springs, I was only expecting one but never mind. Anyway, I can't for the life of me figure out where on earth to attach the spring(s) to for them to actually do their job.

Haynes is no use whatsoever as their advice goes as far as remove the spring from the pedal and installation is the reverse of removal. Bless em.

I think the problem could be that several lugs and mounting points are actually missing from my bike as I found out when trying to fit new plastics hence why everything was held on with tie wraps. The gap in the rear of the pedal that the brake light fits into appears to be big enough for both the brake light and pedal spring but much head scratching later, I can't see where the other end should go.

Yammie gods, I await your assistance ... :thumb:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've been doing a bit more digging as it's a quiet day in the office today (managers are on holiday tee hee) and I've found this

http://www.yamahamotorcyclespares.co.uk/spares/epc2.asp?ModelID=9078&pageID=32&uid=0

Looking at the spring, it looks like it sits on the pedal spline and springs back from being crushed together whereas the two springs I've been sent are ordinary long springs which I'm assuming are for DTR's and not early LC's.

Back to the drawing board I guess .....

Problem solved as my nice brand-new-old-stock arrived from Granby motors yesterday at a cost of £4.79 plus P&P which I thought was quite reasonable. Apparantly the last one they had in stock and judging by the label, it really was old stock!

I didn't have chnace to fit it properly last night due to the piggin' weather but a quick duck under the bikes protective cover and I can see how it's going to fit over the spline and hook up to a couple of areas to provide it's tension.

Please, please can we just have a couple of hours dry spell, far too much to do :(

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online