Random thought

DirtyDT
This post is 4802 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Isn't it funny how expensive original gaskets and bearings are?

Ironic funny - Not really funny!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Isn't it funny how expensive original gaskets and bearings are?

Ironic funny - Not really funny!!

Not if you buy genuine stuff from NON franchised suppliers like TYtrials. Its about 15% more for gaskets and bearings that fit first time and last.

ANY RD250/350 TZR/TDR owner will regale you with water issues from waterpump seals and headgaskets that are non genuine and last 2 mins, in many cases doing for the motor if they fail at speed.

Not if you buy genuine stuff from NON franchised suppliers like TYtrials. Its about 15% more for gaskets and bearings that fit first time and last.

ANY RD250/350 TZR/TDR owner will regale you with water issues from waterpump seals and headgaskets that are non genuine and last 2 mins, in many cases doing for the motor if they fail at speed.

True........

Oh so true Have you done the TDR fork seals yet Jason, the dust seals are under the clips only gen will fit i am told, fitting pattern head gaskets to a TDR/TZR is a recipe for trouble as well i am told,

Merv

Oh so true Have you done the TDR fork seals yet Jason, the dust seals are under the clips only gen will fit i am told, fitting pattern head gaskets to a TDR/TZR is a recipe for trouble as well i am told,

Merv

Lets hope any head gaskets are planed maintenance. I just brought a genuine gasket set for the TS. £6 from Thailand, £30 from the UK. Not a bad price I thought as they seem very scarce <_< . £160 for genuine engine seals and bearings (not including the gaskets).

Lets hope any head gaskets are planed maintenance. I just brought a genuine gasket set for the TS. £6 from Thailand, £30 from the UK. Not a bad price I thought as they seem very scarce <_< . £160 for genuine engine seals and bearings (not including the gaskets).

nearer 300 for a TDR250

nearer 300 for a TDR250

:lol: The may both be bikes, they both may have 2 wheels, they may both be 250's but not a lot of other similarities :lol:

That is a blessing and a curse in equal measure from both viewpoints, i think.

One definite simbiant, the exhausts rot like old fruit and your never really sure just how long its going to last....

...............the exhausts rot like old fruit and your never really sure just how long its going to last....

Is that why they sound so "fruity"?

Is that why they sound so "fruity"?

more like why people like the smell, rotten fruit=alcohol :)