My new steed TTR600RE

This post is 4642 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeah took her for a spin, has some issues hopefully minor, notably

Rear brake non-existant (seized)

and a slight pull to one side, I hope its a wheel alignment issue, had a look and it didnt look properly central to me.

I am in a good position...in that the current owner will keep it garaged for me until I sell the DTR :thumb:

I have been busy putting the DTR back to its bog standard and unmolested spec, de-restricted of course.

I Have not got her advertised yet though. I am hoping that the DTR with all the spares and tweaked bits I have they will bring the lions share of the new bike price B)

OGoB - Welcome to a very special club....

I hops to see some pictures that look like this one ->

Thursday26June-01.JPG

or this one,

081109-02.JPG

These bike will go anywhere, even places a Landrover will fear to tread.

Ohh...I prefer the top pic myself...more my style.

I must admit, the top one, on the side of Long Crags looking over to the Lakes, is one of my favorite trails. For anyone who knows Hartside Cafe, this it the trial that exits (on the un-official route) from the back of the car park, crossing the main road and then down into Hazel Rigg farm near Gamblesby.

The bottom pic was taken in the middle of the Old Coach Road near <ish> Keswick. This isn't the place you want to digg your bike out of a bog!

Here's another, and yes that is solid ice.....

Sunday-4-Jan-01.jpg

Well done on your new bike, yes its a very exclusive club as there isnt too many TT600R or the later version TT600RE, mine is the TT600R on an 01 plate.

I use mine for green lanning a prefur it to the WR426 i had, just make sure the battery is well charged over winter as my mate burnt out the starter solernoid

out due to having low battery power, you may be suprised how cheap re[lacement plastic can be as well as it is manufactured by acerbies not oem Yamaha.

Cheers TTb

Well done on your new bike, yes its a very exclusive club as there isnt too many TT600R or the later version TT600RE, mine is the TT600R on an 01 plate.

I use mine for green lanning a prefur it to the WR426 i had, just make sure the battery is well charged over winter as my mate burnt out the starter solernoid

out due to having low battery power, you may be suprised how cheap re[lacement plastic can be as well as it is manufactured by acerbies not oem Yamaha.

Cheers TTb

Cheers TTb, yeah it has a brand new front muddy and the chap said it was cheap as chips, it would benefit from a new headlight cowl, with white sticker...do I have to go to yam, or can I search for acerbis?

Cheers TTb, yeah it has a brand new front muddy and the chap said it was cheap as chips, it would benefit from a new headlight cowl, with white sticker...do I have to go to yam, or can I search for acerbis?

From what I can see of it, your headlight cowling looks very much like my xt600e one. Maybe get one from Philippe in Portugal, 'filed7071' on ebay

Holy jeepers Paul,,,,,,,, you need a bigger shed now :D

Nice bike m8 and the best of luck with her.

From what I can see of it, your headlight cowling looks very much like my xt600e one. Maybe get one from Philippe in Portugal, 'filed7071' on ebay

Ta NEV I'll look into that :thumb:

Holy jeepers Paul,,,,,,,, you need a bigger shed now :D

Nice bike m8 and the best of luck with her.

Thanks Pat, I doubt it is any bigger than the DTR mate ;)

it would benefit from a new headlight cowl,

The white sticker will come off after the first wet ride, it's not great!

I'd give some consideration to changing the cowl all together and go for a light upgrade at the same time. The blue is just the normal Acerbis blue, so any Acerbis cowl/light combo will fit the colour. Unless you want to keep the bike standard that is.

The white sticker will come off after the first wet ride, it's not great!

I'd give some consideration to changing the cowl all together and go for a light upgrade at the same time. The blue is just the normal Acerbis blue, so any Acerbis cowl/light combo will fit the colour. Unless you want to keep the bike standard that is.

I would definitely consider a better light, it's probably worse than my DTR orange glow, what did you do on yours darren?

Oh i noticed the 'idiot' lights were rubbish as well :o indicator warning, neutral!! quite dim

what did you do on yours darren?

Well,,,,

I made a small front rack, to carry tyre repair kit (levers, patches, pump etc), then I made a removalble (by two nut'n bolts) light rigg to carry a pair of cheapo halford fog lamps (£15 if I remember). At the same time my clock surround self destructed (too many fast rocky descents)and the speedo stopped working, so I replaced the clocks with a Trail Tech Digital speedo (does all the Enduro stuff, trips, average speed etc), cheaper than the OE one and more functions, so there was some space behind the cowl. In this space I put a small box where I connect the lamps too when they are on. Takes about 10 minutes to fit the lights.

081109-01.JPG

You can just make the lights out in this picture, just to the right of the green rope, under the headlight.

Ta for that I will pick your brains on the finer points when the time comes. However...I am keen to learn the ins and outs of trail riding good practice, already you are talking of puncture repairs, have you ever got a puncture, how often. do you always carry your kit, how is the wheel removed and the bead broken etc etc etc spare control levers...are they a must too?

I joined the ABR forum too so i'll be quizzing there also ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online