smokey yamaha

mikeps3
This post is 4681 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone,I was out riding my yamaha DT 175 today and every thing was fine until the ride back when i had to stop at a intersection when i went to take off again my bike started runing real rough like it didn't want to tack out and it was smoking real bad in first gear and part of second gear then it would go back to runing smooth again and not smoking anymore. and ran fine until i would stop and it would do the rough running and smoking again until i got past second gear then it would be fine again. any ideas what might be going on thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi everyone,I was out riding my yamaha DT 175 today and every thing was fine until the ride back when i had to stop at a intersection when i went to take off again my bike started runing real rough like it didn't want to tack out and it was smoking real bad in first gear and part of second gear then it would go back to runing smooth again and not smoking anymore. and ran fine until i would stop and it would do the rough running and smoking again until i got past second gear then it would be fine again. any ideas what might be going on thanks.

Sounds like the oil mixture is to hi on idle, not sure if the 175 is self mixing or not but if it is check the oil pump make sure it aint stuck wide open.

Sounds like the oil mixture is to hi on idle, not sure if the 175 is self mixing or not but if it is check the oil pump make sure it aint stuck wide open.

yea it has a oil injector ,i'll take a look and see if the oil injector is hung up thanks,is there any thing else though just in case that could also cause the problem

yea it has a oil injector ,i'll take a look and see if the oil injector is hung up thanks,is there any thing else though just in case that could also cause the problem

yea i checked and the oil injector was not closing all the way so i put some oil to the cables and it work fine for a little while but went back to sticking ,i was wondering if i byepass the oil injector and just added oil to my gas what is the proper oil to gas ratio?

yes all you do is disconnect the oil feeder to the carb and block that port off on the carb. then run premix in the tank.... bit of a bugger sometimes.... could probably even go to the extent of removing the plastic worm gear too if oyu wanted.... cant remember the ratio of pre mix i DO KNOW however that mower and chainsaw oil causes them to nip up all the time .... dont ask lol :rolleyes:

yes all you do is disconnect the oil feeder to the carb and block that port off on the carb. then run premix in the tank.... bit of a bugger sometimes.... could probably even go to the extent of removing the plastic worm gear too if oyu wanted.... cant remember the ratio of pre mix i DO KNOW however that mower and chainsaw oil causes them to nip up all the time .... dont ask lol :rolleyes:

REPLACE THE THROTTLE CABLE that will most likely cure your problem and save the faffing about with mixing the fuel and oil, and the rest of it possibly on the way out anyhow which could fail and leave ye with a broken cable and having to call recovery or push it home

If only life was so simple. you cannot just disconnect it as the pump will seize and cause you problems,

1 . remove pump and fit blanking plate

2 , fit a piece of pipe too pump inlet and outlet and fill with oil, to circulate oil,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online