YBR125 not running right

BlakeyYBR
This post is 4670 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone,

I've had my YBR for 7 good months now during which time it has been totally trouble free.

The other day i took the bike for a 50 mile ride along faster roads (holding a steady 65) with which it just about handled in the normal YBR fashion, however as i neared my destination the engine began to run in a very strange manner, there was a really noticeable decrease in power and as i twisted the throttle the delivery was not at all smooth.

The bike was shaking markedly more than usual, to the point where it was feeling rather unstable.

I managed to get it home where since i've done the usual checks; air filter, fuel filter, spark plug and chain which might cause running like this yet all came back clear.

Which leaves me with the only ideas being either a carb or electrics problem, and i could really do without a bill from the dealership to fix it!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Blake

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello everyone,

I've had my YBR for 7 good months now during which time it has been totally trouble free.

The other day i took the bike for a 50 mile ride along faster roads (holding a steady 65) with which it just about handled in the normal YBR fashion, however as i neared my destination the engine began to run in a very strange manner, there was a really noticeable decrease in power and as i twisted the throttle the delivery was not at all smooth.

The bike was shaking markedly more than usual, to the point where it was feeling rather unstable.

I managed to get it home where since i've done the usual checks; air filter, fuel filter, spark plug and chain which might cause running like this yet all came back clear.

Which leaves me with the only ideas being either a carb or electrics problem, and i could really do without a bill from the dealership to fix it!

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Blake

Chief,

sounds like it was nipping up; check your oil level

• 3 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online