Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

classic yamha dating in the uk

Recommended Posts

How to make an application for the retention of a vehicle's original registration mark

If you own a motor vehicle whose registration mark is not held by the DVLA, you may still be able to successfully apply for the retention of its original registration mark. To retain the vehicles original registration mark you must however be able to provide documentary `proof` linking the machine to the registration mark. This proof should ideally be an old buff, or green, logbook. If neither is available then the following may also be considered at the discretion of the DVLA a pre-1983 tax disc or MOT certificate, or an extract from suitable approved archive records.

If you can provide any of the above take the following steps.

1. Contact the DVLA or your Local DVLA Office http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/MotoringContacts/DG_10012974 and check if the registration mark is listed on the DVLA computer.

2. If the mark is not listed ask for forms V765 http://www.dft.gov.uk/dvla/forms/~/media/pdf/forms/V765.ashx & V55/5 to be posted to you.


3. Complete both forms and post them to the address below with full details of the machine including frame and engine numbers.

Documentary proof that clearly links the registration mark to vehicle.

Two photographs of the complete machine. One photograph each of both the frame and engine numbers.

A cheque to the Aircooled RD Club for £25 for non members or £27 for non members wishing to join the club.

£12.50 if you already a member of the Air Cooled RD club. (Please send membership number)

Or pay via Paypal.



Please send Paypal to aircooledrdclub.co.uk

How to apply for an `age related` registration mark.

All applications for `age related` registration marks are dealt with by your local DVLA office and the vehicle must be roadworthy and have both an M.O.T. certificate (this will show the frame number only as there is not registration number at this point) and insurance cover note showing the frame number when an application is made. You also require a `dating certificate` verifying the vehicles age and you will need some photo ID and a utility bill..

To issue you this certificate I require you send me photos of thge frame and engine numbers and one photo of each side plus front and rear.

To then proceed;

1. Obtain M.O.T, insurance cover note, & dating certificate.

2. Complete form V55/5]http://www.dft.gov.uk/dvla/onlineservices/order_forms.aspx

showing the date you wish the tax disk to run from.

3. Present all of the above documents, plus a cheque for any Vehicle Excise Duty and first registration fee where applicable to your nearest DVLA office.

First registration fee is curently £55

The DVLA may wish to inspect the vehicle before issuing a registration mark

Postal Address:

Paul Dawkins

DVLA Dating officer

11 Oakwood Drive



SO16 8EJ

Tel 07973 231879


[email protected]

  • Like 1

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

i will have a word with paul he may just like a date with a nice young RAF man :eusa_shifty: :eusa_shifty:

  • Like 1

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Disappointed myself, thought it was Lonely Hearts for Yam lovers :crazy:

  • Like 1

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



Me too, i thought ''l wonder what classic Yam ladies look like'' , goes to show the first port of call for the male mind, LMFAO

  • Like 4

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Create New...