how much do you recon my bike is worth?

Paulwhite
This post is 4780 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

im not selling it. just need some sort of idea how much its worth for insurance purposes

IMG0117A.jpg

IMG0118A.jpg

its done 14k on the clock but the engine has only done 5300 miles B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Mate, i like the fact a lot of work has gone into the bike! well done, as for the price.........its not the original engine is it..? my XVS125 bobber has just fetched me £1500 part ex but in the little black book they are going for £900!!! shocking unfortunatly as you may know customising things de-values them and i think you best bet for insurance i say value it at around about £2000 - £2500 reason being that a standard second hand XVS125 normally go for about £2k ish but seeing that its a custom jobber id value it at a bit more so that if the worst is to happen at least you can get the money to buy another standard one if you wanted!

Just my 2p tho hope all goes well and keep up the good work

Keith

drewpy is winning..... any advance on a turnip a sprout and 55p????? :lol:

and noise cheers for the imput, i might take it to a few dealers round my way and see how much they would pay for it. B) at the mo its insured for £500 plus iv got the choice to keep it if it has an accident.

Ywh pual that a little different :rolleyes: ,,, i would say £ 750- 1000. , , did you have to have an inspection mate , after all the mods :unsure:

It's not my cup of tea but it must be worth over £500. I think Blackhat is about right.

I would guess that if the biscuit tin above the engine is full. a little more.

I know you can take constructive criticism on the chin Paul, overall I like it, although its not my cup of tea, I can see you have a flair for the customising stuff-that bike has had a lot of work done to it and hat off to you m8, I would only change 2 things on it to make it look meaner

The biscuit tin as Dirty has highlighted would look better (IMHO) with a stand-off Iron cross (or some other emblem) covering those holes, and, as I've stated before in a previous post-the exhaust, its from 'race stock', I would stick some slash cut straight pipes on there, chrome or black would look great, horizontal to the road would be my personal take on it, highway hawks maybe ? .

as for insurance value, you make the price and that determines your premium payments, I would go for £800-£1000

having muttered on a bit, the thing I love about bikes is the individualnessness :huh: , bikes can be made so much a personal thing-you dont get that with a car cough, cough, er,, a cage B)

And some leather handlebar tassels.

I do agree with BWJ about the pipe. OK on a Trailie or streetfighter but it looks out of place the custom. Sorry.

drewpy is winning..... any advance on a turnip a sprout and 55p????? :lol:

and noise cheers for the imput, i might take it to a few dealers round my way and see how much they would pay for it. B) at the mo its insured for £500 plus iv got the choice to keep it if it has an accident.

Spose the thing about customising is that you limit your potential customers, as its your personal statement, rather than someones elses. i doubt any further additions will increase value

I was offered £900 in px for my absolutely mint XVS125 2001, probably get 1500 to 1750 private (its not for sale cos people cut em up :) ). I reckon, tot up what youve spent on it, then add 30%

Have you had it on the road yet?

Ywh pual that a little different :rolleyes: ,,, i would say £ 750- 1000. , , did you have to have an inspection mate , after all the mods :unsure:

dont need an inspection as far as i know ........iv notified the dvla of the engine change and they didnt mention an inspection of any kind.

the engine has the same power as the old one (its just lighter) and chassis wise nothing structural has been changed. as far as i know you need to do something to either the brakes, frame, shocks or wheels for it to need a vosa check.

all iv done is put an engine in it and the rest is cosmetic.

as to the exhaust iv got to make it quieter for it to be legal so till i can figure that one out i cant put a slash cut on there......but watch this space!

oh and neversaydie yes....yes it is! :D

I'm really sorry to have to say this but I think it looks a bloody mess. Of course that's just my opinion, as long as you're happy with it, but I wouldn't expect to see it between the covers of BSH.

As for value, personally I wouldn't give it room in the garage, so it's a £0.00 from me, but for insurance, value it as low as possible (if they'll accept £1.00 go with that) because you'll not get anywhere near a decent payment if its damaged, although if its nicked and never seen again you might do alright.......in fact I'll add a £10 to the fund if it is :D

...............I reckon, tot up what youve spent on it, then add 30%.................

To me, this is a very strange way of calculating value. At best it would be "book value" minus what they can screw you for. Unless of course you get an "agreed value" policy. Insurers nowadays seem to want a list of the minor changes and then give you a policy that states "back to original spec" I would be very careful as one change not mentioned to the insurers could make your policy null and void.

To me, this is a very strange way of calculating value. At best it would be "book value" minus what they can screw you for. Unless of course you get an "agreed value" policy. Insurers nowadays seem to want a list of the minor changes and then give you a policy that states "back to original spec" I would be very careful as one change not mentioned to the insurers could make your policy null and void.

I agree with Dirty, you really need 'agreed value' on this. Here's an example, one of my mates is storing someone elses streetfighter a Yamasuki GSXR/Bandit/R1 hybrid. The value of it to the 'guy on the street' is £2000k tops. It's a good in places and utter rubbish in others. The guy who built it though had a one off shock mount made, which mates the R1 swingarm to the GSXR1100 frame, which is multi-adjustable and shiny (maybe cost £600-700). The whole bike looks like it has cost a lot (the guy who built it reckons £15000, i think maybe £8-£9k). If he has standard bike insurance, even if he declares the mods he would get 'guy on the street' book value £2Kish. If he has agreed value, which will require haggling when the policy is started [maybe proof of reciepts, def. photos], he will get the Streetfighter value, between 7K-15K [or whatever).

yeah my insurance people arnt botherd about cosmetic mods iv told them about everything iv done to the bike ......and they said as long as the performance isnt enhanced then i can do what i like cosmetic wise.

and yeah its not going to get into any BHS mag any time soon :lol: its not a show bike its my daily comute to work so not fussed. :P

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online