Virago XV750

BenFromSpain
This post is 4735 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I rescued a virago 1992 xv750 and trying to get it up and running again. So far the electrics are back up to scratch and both cylinders are firing (only just). The main problem is the carbs, the rear carb has the pilot screw mashed/mangled into the carb body and the choke has seized and snapped off. So this being the case I am looking at other options.

1) buy another set of carbs (very expensive)

2) convert to single carb setup

3) use other carbs

I would like to know other carbs can be used for both the single setup or different set.

Thanks in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I rescued a virago 1992 xv750 and trying to get it up and running again. So far the electrics are back up to scratch and both cylinders are firing (only just). The main problem is the carbs, the rear carb has the pilot screw mashed/mangled into the carb body and the choke has seized and snapped off. So this being the case I am looking at other options.

1) buy another set of carbs (very expensive)

2) convert to single carb setup

3) use other carbs

I would like to know other carbs can be used for both the single setup or different set.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ben and welcome m8, don't know a deal concerning Viragos m8, but If you are near to Valencia I can put you on to a bloke who does.

Hi Nev,

Thanks for the reply, at this point I will take anything that might provide options. If you could send over the detials that would be great.

P.m'd mate to your message box ;)

Cheers Nev, owe you a pint!

Da nada <_<

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online