these oxygen sensors do work .

cakeboy
This post is 4733 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

well i decided to try one of these oxygen sensors for my xvs 1300 midnight star to see if it will smooth out the fuel injection at low revs. so sent for one off ebay from greece it was only £16 with postage. i waited quite a while for it to arrive [ over 2 weeks ] but today i fitted it [ took 5 minutes ] and tried it out and what a difference ....they really do work..... it has smoothed out all the bottom end and stopped the snatching. i can recommend to enyone with a midnight star it will be the best £16 you will spend.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info, just ordered one a few days ago. Where does it fit, is it under the small panel just above the exhaust or is it near the battery under the seat?

5 minute job . below the right hand side panel [ throttle side ] there is a small black metal plate with 4 allen screws holding it on .....remove that and behind it is the electrical connector that go,s to the lamba probe in the silencer .....just disconnect it, then place the new plug you have bought in were the wires come from the top [ not were it go,s into the lamba probe ] and thats it ?. i covered everything in duck tape to stop any water getting in . hope this helps , if not , im away for 2wk and when i get back i,ll try and get some photos of it . cheers.

Thanks for the info, just read your instructions and had a look behind the panel, as you say it looks pretty straight forward. This is me being positive as usual, just before I undo a bolt and a large portion of the bike falls off. Thanks for the offer of help. Have a good holiday.

They certainly do, fitted the sensor today, took 5 mins, went out for a ride, it feels like a different bike, smoother, better acceleration, no hunting at low speeds, no snatching. Best £16 I have spent.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online