yzf 750 engine

sheeny7
This post is 7095 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi ya all,i found this site and its great so joined straight away.thank god for

the internet.

any one help or had any probs before.ive got a yzf 750 and it has couple of problems.the engines holding on the revs when you let go of the throttle.

but its not running on number 1 cyc properly either.

carbs are balance right and does sound maybe a valve or ring problem or valve clearances.

I am a car techician so fixing is not a prop but it always good to get a

second hand opinion.

And any one got a subframe for a yzf750!!

THANKS

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the engines holding on the revs when you let go of the throttle.

but its not running on number 1 cyc properly either.

carbs are balance right and does sound maybe a valve or ring problem or valve clearances.

I am a car techician so fixing is not a prop but it always good to get a

second hand opinion.

And any one got a subframe for a yzf750!!

THANKS

first i would have suggested air-leak in intakemanifolds, but if you have balanced it, thats not the problem.

it could be intake-valves if you have not checked valve-clearances then do it right away. the other thing it can be is that your cam-chain has jumped one sprocket or few.

this sounds really stupid but i have seen an fzr600r with the symptoms above and when i opened it, the lait owner had changed the chain by himself and wrong....

id open the head if i where you. you can pre-check it with compression tester before opening anything.

yes i did all the usual thing,air leaks,new plugs,and a good spark.that was my next job to check the value clearances then presure test to see if i had got a valve or set of rings gone.

thanks alot like i said a second or third opinion is always good.

well not sure if that was a good day.not had chance to do the valve

clearance yet but did a pressure test and no sign of a valve gone.

small amount of air leaking through the rings as you can hear through

the oil filler cap but i'd say be a small amount as sum piston slack with it being cold.

when engine is running you put your hand on each carb they all suck but not on the cyilinder which is the prob one.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online