yamaha dt125 cooling troubles

ben125
This post is 4768 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi

on my yamaha dt125r i have recently blown my head gasket and have replaced it but there seems to be a lot of pressure in the header tank and keeps on blowing the cap off also all the water in the radiator goes and when i block the pipe going into the header tank it squirts water all through the joints and i have no experience with engines i think its something to do with the thermostat but unshure where its located can anyone help me out??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi

on my yamaha dt125r i have recently blown my head gasket and have replaced it but there seems to be a lot of pressure in the header tank and keeps on blowing the cap off also all the water in the radiator goes and when i block the pipe going into the header tank it squirts water all through the joints and i have no experience with engines i think its something to do with the thermostat but unshure where its located can anyone help me out??

Hi Ben puzzling have you got your head gasket right way up also check your water pump.do have a thermostat as such only has a temp sensor in the head. :unsure:

Hi Ben puzzling have you got your head gasket right way up also check your water pump.do not have a thermostat as such only has a temp sensor in the head. :unsure: